FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 whole garlic cloves (crushed)
- 5 whole limes juiced (about ¼ Cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
FOR THE RELISH:
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1 whole lime, juiced (1 lime should give you about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pound the breasts thin for even grilling. To do this place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken breast. Use the smooth side of the meat pounder to pound the piece thin.
- Place thinned chicken breasts in a large plastic storage bag. Combine marinade ingredients (lime juice, crushed garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper) and pour over chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for several hours to overnight. (Personally I do not think you need to do it overnight. In fact I do mine for about 30 minutes to and hour and I think it is perfect.)
- Before grilling, combine all corn relish ingredients (corn kernels, chopped jalapeno, diced red bell pepper, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, and salt) in a medium bowl.
- Set grill to medium heat and cook chicken breasts about 4 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Remove from grill and serve.
- For serving, spoon corn relish over each piece of chicken
- Source: The Pioneer Woman
- Recipe Yields: 2 servings (This recipe could be stretched to 3 but you will obviously have to add an additional chicken breast)