With college football season in full swing, it’s time for all you lovely ladies to dust off your finest gameday duds so you can cheer for your team in style. I went to Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX, so whether I like it or not, I know a little something about the “perfect” tailgate attire. I am not saying I bought into the whole southern idea of wearing a dress to a football game, but I am certainly well versed on what it takes to support your team, while still looking fashionable. In honor of this Saturday’s upcoming games I thought I would post a couple of inspiration boards to show you how to rock your team’s colors without having to make a trip to the university bookstore for wardrobe tips. First up, my alma mater of course. Ironically they have a bye this weekend, which gives all you Mustangs a free weekend to go buy some fabulous gameday outfits. I have supplied a “Gameday Glamour” board for those girls that can’t bear to go one day sans stilettos, as well as a “Gameday Casual” version for the girls who are a little more on my level when it comes to tailgating and watching sports… Go Ponies!
10. Claire Danes // 9. Elle Macpherson // 8. Helen Mirren// 7. Octavia Spencer // 6. Emma Stone // 5. Debra Messing // 4. Sophia Vergara // 3. Ariel Winter // 2. Paula Patton // 1. Charlize Theron
Click Below to Get the Look
- Old Navy: Striped Dolman-Sleeve Top
$24.94SALE $15, Piped Button-Tab Trousers $36.94SALE $34, Cap-Toe Canvas Ballet Flats $22.94, Mixed Media Stretch Bracelet $10.94 // Etsy: Chic Nautical Clutch $50 // Macy’s: Ali Khan Red Beaded Cluster Necklace $38
- Etsy:Waterproof Diaper Bag $79
- Impeccable Pig: Classic Black and White Dress $88
- Nordstrom: h.i.p. Nautical Graphic Tee $28
- Etsy: Sailor Girl Pencil Skirt $42.95
- Sears: Kardashian Kollection Striped Maxi Tank Dress $68.99
- Sears: Kardashian Kollection Oversized Striped Boyfriend Tee $32.99
- Nordstrom: Altru ‘Captain and Chief’ Crewneck T-shirt
- Forever 21: Striped Slub Cardigan $12.50
Notes: If you are all aboard the nautical
train boat, then check out my Nautical Wedding Inspiration Board!