Today was day one of my Atkins Diet, so I had to spend a little time making breakfast since I could not just grab a banana and go. I have been wanting to try out the eggs and bacon in a muffin tin recipe for a while now and what better time than when I am on a low carb high protein diet. Since it was my first time making them I made 3 just in case I screwed one up. Plus, for the sake of the photo, I thought 3 Egg McMufftins would balance out the look of the plate. I only ate 2 of them and half an avocado for a total of about 3.5 net carb breakfast. Making these little guys was so easy. They are pretty much idiot proof and they come out super cute! You could easily make a bunch of these for an army of people if necessary. Not that I have an army, since it is just the Hubs and me, but you never know. Someday I may have an army or maybe a football team and this recipe will come in handy.
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2 grape tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 pieces of spinach (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 an avocado
- Tabasco (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in the microwave for about 2 minutes and 15 seconds so it is almost fully cooked, but still bendable. Dab off excess grease and let bacon cool until you are able to handle it by hand.
- Wrap bacon pieces around the edge of the muffin tin.
- Put half spinach and half of the tomato in the bottom of the tin.
- Break one egg in each tin.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add the rest of the tomato and spinach on top.
- Cook on middle rack for 12-15 minutes depending on your desired yolk consistency.
- Serve immediately with avocado and Tabasco if you fancy.
NOTES: You could also add cheese to this recipe or even add some other veggies if you like, such as onions, mushrooms or bell pepper. Try breaking your yolk and mixing all egg ingredients together in a separate bowl before adding to the muffin tin. This way they become little bacon wrapped omelets. Such a fun, cute and easy recipe.